Friday, September 25, 2009

5 years


Today is the 5 yr anniversary since Damon died. I don't know what seems so significant about this yr than any of the others, but something is. There have been a lot of things happening this pat month that automatically make me think of Damon. Some "paranormal", such as toys going off by themselves, dimes appearing out of nowhere (I have found over $3.00 in dimes this week alone) lights flickering, stuff like that. Some things have nothing to do with the paranormal. Damon is not a common name, but yet my favorite tv show has a character named Damon, or a radio station will have a caller named Damon that has the same voice. And it is the little things, like making a banana pudding and in the first bite remembering it was Damon's favorite dessert of all time.


It is getting a little easier to think back about him with a smile instead of just tears, except for milestone moments like this. And my kids help, they keep me on my toes, lol. Savannah talks to Damon. I know a lot of people don't believe in that, but we have never told her anything about him, and she can tell us everything about him. She says things he would say, she tells us what he looks like, things he did.....there is no other way for her to know that.


Watching Greys Anatomy last night was probably not the best idea I have ever had. The show was good, don't get me wrong. But watching a show where the man dies due to severe burns and how the friends deal with their grief is not a good idea the day before the anniversary of damons' death due to severe burns, know what I mean?


There is a new song out that I know has nothing to do with Damon, but one part in this song haunts me......and probably always will. The song is Joey by Sugarland, I will provide a link....anyways, here is the part of the song.


"Were you sad, were you scared, did you whisper a prayer to be free


Was it quite and cold, was it too light or too dark to see


and did you reach for me


I'm so sorry


Oh, can you hear me?"








Anyways, as usual thanks for listening to my ramblings.......I am sure I will be back on before long.




R.I.P. Damon We love you and miss you............Later






No comments:

Post a Comment